Landcare Certification Services of Sri Lanka is a project of the Centre for Eco Cultural Studies (CES).
We facilitate the training and certification of growers and handlers of agricultural and livestock products,
based on the Landcare principles.
Our core objectives are:
• Support the development of sustainable practices in agriculture and livestock industries
• Increase awareness of organic practices and standards among producers and handlers to minimize
harmful effects on the environment
• Increase awareness of the health benefits of organic products among the consuming public
• Support a fair distribution of income to primary producers by adding recognized value to their product
• Provide training and certification to ensure providers attain internationally recognized standards
Landcare Certification Services was formed by a group of professionals with extensive experience in organic agriculture, training and inspection. We work directly with accredited providers of certification for National and International standards.
We provide consultation, training and certification services in collaboration with accredited National and International Agencies.
What is eligible for Certification?
• Crop Production
• Grower Group
• Agro Processing
• Trading and Handling
• Animal Husbandry
• Wild Collections / Non timber forest products
• Input Approvals
We facilitate certification for the following certification programs:
Participatory Guarantee Services (PGS), National Program for Organic Production (NPOP, India), USDA NOP (US),
International Organic Accreditation Service (IOAS) IFOAM, ISO 65, Global GAP, COR Compliance, Rainforest Alliance